TRANSFERS WITHIN KENTUCKY
- Back of Kentucky title must be signed and notarized (top left and bottom left)
- Odometer and sale price sections must be filled in.
- All liens must be signed off on the front of Kentucky title, or must be accompanied by a signed termination statement (TC-96) from lien holder. Form TC-96 may be obtained by contacting the Clerk’s office or by Internet (please see forms located on this website).
- It is Sellers responsibility to see that the title is transferred out of his/her name.
- If you are the owner of the vehicle on January 1st you will be responsible for the property taxes (ad valorem taxes) for that year. The tax is due within 30 days from the date of the transfer to avoid penalties and late fees.
- The Affidavit of Total Consideration must be signed and notarized by both the seller and the buyer.
- Back of Kentucky title must be signed and notarized.
- Sign and complete the Buyer’s Section (right side of VTR).
- Proof of Insurance-Kentucky Policy ONLY
- Lien filing papers if applicable.
- Usage Tax (Ky. Sales tax-6%) will be paid in full at this time